Thursday 1 September 2016

Conspiracy Theories again (?)

A little while back I did a post on conspiracy theories that are out there and how people use the FoIA in order to prove them.  A made mention of how people use the FOIA in order to prove or disprove their particularly theory.  I also tried my hardest to see what I could do to gain some information about these things in order to help aid the conspiracy, and was rejected because they were too broad, and nothing more. The reasons that I state this is because I found this request.

I have read it three or four times now and I can honestly say that I am am only a little bit certain of what it is asking for, but I will try and sum this up here. In 1997 there were 42 sudden deaths that occurred in the Kent Police area. As a result this was not investigated to a satisfactory standard (IN the opinion of Richard Card who is sending these email.  Please do not think of that last statement as condescending, I merely report what he said).  As a result he has called for more information into their deaths and how they were followed up.

The reason that I bring this up here is because I find this request so confusing and so all over the place it is hard to know what is going on with it. It has to be the hardest read that I have ever had (And I taught English). Not only that but it is so all over the place (making accusations here there and everywhere), it is hard to know who he is pointing the finger at. Reading through this, I honestly had to search what people he was referring to, and how they were being affected, through google. Jeepers it was hard.

The reasons that I bring this to your attention is two fold.  The first is that this is a highly emotive issue. There is more here than simple knowledge. I believe that Richard wants to know how this links together and he needs answers.  The issue for him is that the request is too big and to convoluted.  Think of what the poor person who had to answer that throught.  

The second is that there is something going on with this.  This was sent in 2013, which is a little outside the 20 day working limit for a response. I would love to help this man (As I have with other requests) but I cannot.  How do I even get a grasp of anything that is going on with this?  

The reasons that I wrote this review on it is to show that sometimes you need to think before you send. Had this been explained a little better, I could have done something.  Which is annoying as I think that I would love to see how this one played out.

No comments:

Post a Comment