Saturday 10 September 2016

English Green Energy

A little while back I asked the question to all Welsh Councils:


The reasons was because it was interesting to see what the different councils have done and what they are trying to do for the environment. It was also great to see the STAGGERING amount that RCT spent on green energy.  It really was humbling. So I decided that I would investigate some English Councils.

Wales has a pretty good reputation when it comes to green energy and recycling because the Welsh Assembly Government can impose a huge fine on the council IF they go over their limit for sending things to landfill (See more in this post here).  What about English councils?  Have they done everything that they can?  

I decided to choose a random assortment of English councils.  I literally chose them by running up and down the page and clicking one at random.  

Name
Amount
Bought


£1,500,000
Solar Panels
Refused.

Refused.

Unable
Solar panels and wall insulation






£67,503.00.
Solar Panels, Biomass Boiler
 
This was written on the 11/09/16.  The cut off date for these is 12/09/16 so a lot of them could get back in touch with me tomorrow.  That being said, this has shown me TWO different things.

  1. Welsh council are FAR better at getting back in touch with people than our English counterparts.  Most of the Welsh council answer me within ten working days. The fact that most of them are waiting until the deadline shows a HECk of a lot there.
  2. Wales spend WAY more on green energy.  RCT spent over £4.5 million on green energy.  This compared with Oxford (Which is the highest so far), is nothing (But more than some of the other Welsh Council (Newport… Nathan Duke… I told you!!!).

So this is another interesting thing for me, I would love to know how the other councils are doing on this matter compared to ours.  Also when the others get back in touch I will update accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment