Tuesday 6 September 2016

Police Media Requests

I love police shows.  They are an interesting way of investigating the way our police system works, and puts a human face on them. They do genuinely have a hard job and I can honestly say that I  could never do it.  So when there are police shows on, I have a watch to investigate what the police force does.

DO you remember the last time that a welsh police force was shown on TV, thought?  I don't. So I wondered if the Welsh police forces had been approached by some sort of media company.  So I sent the four welsh police forces the same request:

1) Has your police force been approached by a Media company to make a TV show in the last five years

If the answer to question one is anything other than No then please can you answer the following questions

2) How many Media outlets have approached you?
3) Which Media outlets have approached you?
4) What was the nature of the programme that they wanted to make.

So I got the responses, which were:


Force
Response
Refused under Section 12 (Too much time)
Regularly, but not recorded
Refused under section 12 (Too much time)


It does make me proud that the North Wales force can at least GIVE me an answer on this one. The main reasons that I asked this question was simply to see if they had some sort of public outreach thing (Trying t make the force look good, and so forth).  IN asking this question most of the forces have refused it.  It either means that they are inundated OR that they do not keep track.

It is a little disappointing that the police couldn't answer this, but then such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment