Sunday 22 May 2016

Dr David Kelly... What else can we find?

I’ve found some cool new search functions on www.whatdotheyknow.com!  They are listed here if you're interested.  They basically allow you to narrow the responses you have to Answered, refused, no response and so forth. The reason that I am writing this is because i am going to write about Dr David Kelly.  For those of you that do not know about him, here is an article on him from the Guardian.  

For those of you that didn't read that article, he was a weapons expert who killed himself after disclosing details of the Weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq (I know that this is a VERY brief statement but I presume that you can find more from the above article and it would also be very easy to editorialise if I was to say more.  I do not wish to do this; I merely want to see what other people have found out about his death and what they have investigated).

A quick look on what do they know for Dr David Kelly shows the following results. At time of writing there has been 156 requests about the topic.  I don't have the time to go through all of these, but what I can do is get a feel for ones that have been answered and which have not. Here are a lit of the ones that have been refused about Dr David Kelly.  I literally chose at random one of the requests from the refused list and this was one of the questions:

Who, which job roles and which organizations are responsible for creating the operational remit of the National Counter Terrorism Security Office and are directly responsible for the National Counter Terrorism Security Office turning a blind eye for the past 20 years to the existence throughout Society of criminal electronic weaponry systems

I don't know about you, but I think that is a little bit… extreme?  Here is a list of partly successful requests.  Again, looking through them I came across this.  Interesting stuff isn't it? Might be worth investigating a little further on that one.  This is the only one what was successful.  

Now a little look at the ones where the information is not held showed the following results.  Now this is an interesting one as it seems that they are logical questions.  By law a government organisation HAS to release the information if they have it.  So why didn't they have the above information.  Was it part of the wider conspiracy OR was there something a bit dull…  Maybe I can help…

Looking at this one, it turns out this is the sort of “A bloke told me down the pub that this happened”, so I can't really do anything on this one. This one is a public interest matter.  This last one, however, I maybe able to go around the topic.  The last one talks a lot about response times.  Maybe I can find out what those average response times are?  I mean if we get general information, then we can judge it against the specific?  Worth a shot!



No comments:

Post a Comment