Tuesday 9 August 2016

NHS and Universities

I little bit back I wrote a post on the work that the Universities in Wales had done with relation to research for the NHS.  It was an interesting little post because I showed how much work is being done for people health and how much Welsh Universities are doing (Expect Swansea, who did not answer). No worries. So I decided to switch the question around. I decided that I would ask all of the Welsh Trusts the same question. The reason is they may have worked with a much broader sample of Universities, and it is also interesting to see what has been done by other Universities.

So I asked all Welsh Trust the same question:

1) Have you worked with any University to research any health or medical issue since 01/01/2011
2) If the answer to Question is yes, please can you tell me which University you worked with, what was researched and how much was given to you by the university OR you gave to the University.

And I so I got the answers:


Name
Who Worked With
To many to list.  See Attachments
To many to list.  See Attachments
Unable to list
45 universities, but failed to attach the spreadsheet (do’h!)
To many to list.  See Attachments
University of south Wales

I got quite excited by this simply because shows that there is a huge amount of work going on behind the scenes to make your life better. Remember each of the studies taken by the Universities are something to make your life, health, and practices of the doctors and nurses better.  

I can honestly say, that doing this blog i find out some really weird and bizarre stuff, but this is the things that actually excites me. It shows that the NHS, which some people criticise heavily, is doing EVERYTHING that it can to help.  I love it

No comments:

Post a Comment