Sunday 17 April 2016

One good turn deserves another...

When writing this blog I tend to look for as much inspiration as I can.  I read, look at other books and do all sorts of other things to see what is out there. One of the things that i have been looking into a lot is the government's disposal of old computer equipment. The main reason is because it is something that make you wonder what they are up to and even if they sell computers in like a public auction.

So I started to write to every governmental department and asked them what do they do with their old computer equipment.  That is when I noticed something else; it was this request.  Now I don't know about you but I had never heard of the SS Richard Montgomery before I saw this FoI request, so I thought that I would do a bit of digging and found this new report from the BBC.  Good eh?  A sunk boat off the coast of Kent with unstable explosives onboard.

There’s only one thing to do in a time like this.  Start finding out a lot more about the topic.  There are a few people who are interested in the topic and most of them have made a lot of requests.  Here is the risk assessment of the SS Richard Montgomery.  Here is a list of the explosives.  Here are three different pages from gov.uk to be found here, here, and here.

So why am I bringing this up here?  Well I was stuck for things to write about and finding out about the SS richard Montgomery helped me to also find the SS Castellion which is the second ship which is sunk off the coast of Anglesey.  Both of these ships are classified as dangerous.  So wouldn't it be fun to find out more about both of these ships?  

So I asked MI5 if they had done any environmental reports on the either ships (They are not subject to the FoI act.  As a result you can only ask them for environmental data). Let's ask the Welsh Government if they have done any work on the SS Castilian or the Ministry of Transport.  The thing is what about studies into defusing the mines on board?  The national Maritime and Coastguard Agency didn’t have the information but they recommended me to try the Ministry of Defence.  

The thing is I was stuck for ideas on what to do for and this has sparked my imagination.  So however I can help finding out more about this topic is a good thing.  One good turn deserves another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment