Tuesday 19 April 2016

Drones

Who would have thought that we would have remote controlled flying machines operated by amateurs? IN fact who would have thought that they would have been operated in such extreme conditions as they have? Who would have thought that you could win so much money? Also, who would have thought that they would have caused so many problems? Well I am interested in drones simply because they look cool (They also play a major part of Pandora's Star, which is one of my favourite books). So, with the rise of drone usage what is the government doing to look at this issue?


Where do we start with this one? How about looking at the amount of accidents made by aerial drones. Let's ask the Air Accidents Investigation Branch how many accidents have been cases by Aerial drones. Turns out that they are not the people. Should have asked the Civil Aviation Authority. Darn. So what happened when I did ask the Civil Aviation Authority? Well they stated that they do not have the records of that but stated that could find them here. Turns out that there are not that many. What about long term? Well here are the rules. Interesting, isn't it? I should point out that I asked the National Air Traffic Services but they told me that I should look elsewhere.


What about what happens in the case of an crash? You have to remember that when a drone crashes, someone is responsible. So what would the investigation look like and what would happen? I am waiting on this one, at time of writing.


What happens about flight paths? Air Safety Support International Limited, is not really subject to FoI, but we can still ask them what they think about the issue.


Now someone is going to make use of a drone to do some naughty business. What are the reports been done into the patrolling of drones? Maybe the National Police Air Service can give us some insight. Turns out that they have done no studies into the use of drones.


Having a little look through the www.whatdotheyknow.com pile I found this from Cleveland Police. Now this makes me think… Should be an interesting one to asked to South Wales Police, North Wales Police, Gwent Police and Dyfed Powys Police.


Now the thing is I wrote this a long while back and have been updating it every now and then. I am so glad that I did because THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. This blog started out as a whim of mine and now is looking even more like something that is going to increase important issue.


The thing that is quite interesting is that this has shown is that the use of drones has not been looked into really by the aviation authorities in the UK have not done a lot on this issue. Which makes me think to things why not and how is this going to develop in the future. .


No comments:

Post a Comment